- In the event of a fire, serious injury, or other life-threatening situation, call:
- City of Austin Emergency Services first at 9-911
- Then call UT Police at 911 to escort and assist City services.
- When a biological, chemical, or radioactive spill occurs, or other hazardous environmental situations such as possible gas leaks, air or water quality concerns, call:
- Environmental Health and Safety at 512-471-3511 (8:00am-5:00pm M-F) or
- Campus Police at 911 (nights, weekends and holidays).
- After contacting the appropriate emergency responders, you should alert your supervisor and/or the Chairman’s Office at 512-471-3949.
Remember to have your name, number, location, and any other pertinent information available at the time of the call. It is important to inform the safety office and the police if any one has been injured or if there has been personal exposure to a dangerous substance.
- For issues such as leaking pipes, electrical faults, air-conditioning problems, and custodial call 512-471-2020 (7:30am-5pm M-F).
- There is a departmental safety committee and all email inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To report a work-related injury, you should
- Inform your supervisor of the injury
- Visit Jessica Myer in WEL 2.310 to report the injury to the workers' comp office. If possible, please complete the following forms first: